* Because of the current world health situation, the Annual Breakfast will not be held in 2020. We look forward to its return in 2021!
* The Hartshorne House Association now has a post office box for mailing dues and donations. Post Office Box 2038, Wakefield MA 01880.
* Spring is coming. Buds are beginning to burst forth. Let's hope the gardens have a great year!
* Plans are moving forward for a replacement fence behind the house, funded by the Association. Several estimates have been received to date. Non-invasive interior storm windows are also being priced.
* We're having an anniversary of sorts. The very beginnings of the Hartshorne House came after the celebration of the Commonwealth's Tercentenary had concluded in 1930. The town's Park Commissioners had begun the restoration of the house, but the house would need a steward for the future. The Association was born then,. With refinements, a lease for the house, and nonprofit corporation status, it would be on its way in 1936. But it started 90 years ago, in 1930.
* Rentals are flooding in for the use of the House for showers and other events this fall and winter -- make the Hartshorne House part of your history by considering it as a potential venue for your next shower or small event. We will of course be proceeding carefully and all rentals will be predicated upon national, state and town health guidelines.
* Hartshorne House Caretaker Allen Drinkwater and Historian Nancy Bertrand were recent guests on WCAT's TALK OF THE TOWN program produced by Kathy Healey. Watch for the air date soon!